About Samsung Data Migration #
What is Samsung Data Migration? To put it simply, Samsung Data Migration is designed as a simple solution to help users quickly, easily, and safely migrate all of their data – including their current operating system, application software, and user data – from their existing storage device to their new Samsung SSD for hard drive upgrade.
Users only need 3 steps to finish hard drive cloning:
- Choose the source disk to clone;
- Choose the target disk to hold the copy;
- Start cloning and complete.
Here is a picture showing its main interface:
As Samsung is a world-famous tech company, many Samsung users use this tool to clone hard drives. However, some of them encounter the “Samsung Data Migration cloning failed” issue.
Are you a Samsung Data Migration user? Has it ever disappointed you to do a cloning job? Do you know why it failed? Here are the possible reasons we can find from Samsung SSD Data Migration User Manual:
- Samsung Data Migration only works on the following conditions:
|Operating System||Windows 7 (32/64-bit)|
Windows 8 (32/64-bit)
Windows 8.1 (32/64-bit)
Windows 10 (32/64-bit)
|PC Memory (RAM)||1 GB or more|
|Disk Space||Minimum 30 MB required for installation|
|Supported Partition Types||MBR/GPT|
|Source Disk||The Source disk (HDD or SSD) must contain the operating system installation|
|Target Disk||The Target Disk must be one of the following: |
Samsung SSD 970 PRO Series
Samsung SSD 970 EVO Series
Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus Series
Samsung SSD 960 PRO Series
Samsung SSD 960 EVO Series
Samsung SSD 950 PRO Series
Samsung SSD 870 QVO Series
Samsung SSD 860 EVO Series
Samsung SSD 860 PRO Series
Samsung SSD 860 QVO Series
Samsung SSD 850 EVO Series
Samsung SSD 850 PRO Series
Samsung SSD 840 EVO Series
Samsung SSD 840 Series
Samsung SSD 840 PRO Series
Samsung SSD 830 Series
Samsung SSD 470 Series
2. If the system disk is partitioned into two drives or more (e.g. “C:”, “D:”, and “E:” drives) with the operating system installed on the “C:” drive, only the first two drives will be closed. The “System” partition that is created during Windows installation is automatically replicated.
3. The OEM Recovery partition created by other computer manufacturers will not be cloned unless the manufacturer is Samsung itself.
4. If there are multiple operating systems installed on the PC (e.g. Windows 7 is installed on the C drive and Windows 8 is installed on the D drive), the cloned disk may not function properly.
5. If you have instant PC recovery software installed on your system, this software may not function properly.
6. If a Source Disk is converted into a dynamic disk, the software may not function properly.
For Samsung SSD users, Samsung SSD software is very useful to manage the SSD and files saved in. Learn the most useful Samsung SSD software.
Samsung Data Magician FAQ #
Samsung Data Migration is a data migration software that is specially designed to clone system disks to a specified Samsung SSD. To clone a hard drive to HDD/SSD from another manufacturer, it is suggested to choose professional disk cloning software.
Samsung Data Migration software is a good tool to help you quickly and easily migrate all data including the operating system, the applications, and personal files from the system disk to another Samsung SSD.