If you are running Windows 10 and want Windows 10 show the hidden files, here are 3 easy ways for you to have a free trial.
Also read: How to hide files and folders on Windows 10
Option A: From File Explorer Ribbon #
The easiest way to show Windows 10 hidden files is to check the “Hidden items” option located at the File Explorer ribbon. You can find it by going to Windows 10 File Explorer, switch to the View tab, and then make sure the Hidden items option is selected. Then you will find that the hidden items are displayed there.
Windows 10 File Explorer not working? Check out the possible solutions to File Explorer not responding on Windows 10 and have a try!
Option B: From Folder Option #
Here are 2 ways for you to get to the Folder Options window:
Way 1. Search Control Panel and open it. In the new pop-out window, set view by small icons and then select File Explorer Options.
Way 2. Go to File Explorer, switch to View, drop-down the Options and choose Change folders and search options.
When you are in the Folder Options window, switch to the View tab. Then scroll down to check “Show hidden files, folders and drivers”. You can also uncheck the “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)” option but this is optional.
How to use Windows Quick Access Toolbar? Here's how to use Quick Access Toolbar to the best and how to customize the File Explorer’s Quick…
Option C: Via Registry #
- Press “Win + R” to evoke the Run dialog box.
- Type “regedit“, then press OK.
- Navigate to the following location: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\AdvancedSoftware
- To show hidden files, set the value for “Hidden” to “1”, folders, and drives. To not show hidden files, folders, and drives, set the value to “2”.
- To show protected operating system files, set the value for “ShowSuperHidden” to “1”. To not show protected operating system files, set the value to “2”.