Discord Screen Share No Audio? Causes & Solutions
- Possible causes for Discord screen share no audio
- Solution 1: Launch Discord with administrator privilege
- Solution 2: Restart your computer
- Solution 3: Add a program to game activity
- Solution 4: Adjust Discord audio settings
- Solution 5: Clear Discord roaming data
- Solution 6: Reinstall audio drivers
- Solution 7: Reinstall Discord
Discord is a very popular site/program among Windows gamers to chat and hang out. Among its rich features, Discord screen share is frequently used to share a selected game/application window or the whole computer screen. But users sometimes complain the Discord screen share no audio issue such as when sharing Chrome.
This is what we are to share with you today. What causes this issue and how do we resolve it? Let’s break it down.
Possible causes for Discord screen share no audio #
- Abnormal audio driver: like other applications, Discord also makes use of the audio drivers to make a sound. If the audio driver went abnormal or corrupt, the Discord screen shares no audio issue occurs.
- Application issues: if the application being shared has a conflict with Discord, it may prevent Discord from screen sharing on audio.
- Administrator privilege: sharing the entire screen might require additional administrator privilege. In this case, you should grant Discord elevated access.
Solution 1: Launch Discord with administrator privilege #
Launching programs with administrator privilege can let you bypass some restrictions. So, first of all, I would recommend you to run Discord as an admin. Now check if this fixes the Discord screen shares no audio issue.
Solution 2: Restart your computer #
Another easy approach is to restart your computer, which helps resolve all kinds of issues in many cases. Simply right-click on the Windows icon and choose Restart. You know if this helps fix the Discord screen share no audio problem.
Discord not opening on Windows 10? How to fix? How does this occur and how do you fix? Get the best solutions to discord not…windows-freeware.com
Solution 3: Add a program to game activity #
Usually, Discord can automatically detect the programs running on the computer and let you choose the one to share screen. However, sometimes Discord would confuse which program and activity you are in when screen sharing. In this case, you are advised to add your activity manually.
Here is the easy guide:
- Double click to run Discord.
- Go to Settings and then Games.
- Now go to Game Activity and then add the application which mutes when you are at Discord screen sharing. Once finished, Discord will focus on the program you added and then function normally.
- If that program to be added is already there, try removing it from the list and then add it again.
Most of the time this works to remove the Discord screen share with no audio issue. However, if this does not work, follow Solution 4.
Solution 4: Adjust Discord audio settings #
If the voice settings in Discord is incorrect, Discord screen no audio issue may arise. To check out, you need to do the followings:
- Go to Discord Settings and then Voice & Video.
- Now focus on the right panel and click the Reset Voice Settings.
- Confirm the change.
Restart Discord and see if Discord no audio screen share persists.
The No Route error can happen on Discord preventing users from joining voice channels. Find the best solutions to Discord No Route.windows-freeware.com
Solution 5: Clear Discord roaming data #
- Exit Discord completely from Task Manager.
- Press the Windows logo key and R to invoke the Run window, then type “%appdata%” without quotes and press Enter.
- Under the Roaming files, find the Discord folder and delete it.
Solution 6: Reinstall audio drivers #
If the above methods do not help, you need to reinstall your audio drivers.
Here is how to do that:
- Press the Windows logo key and R to invoke the Run window, then type “%devmgmt.msc%” without quotes and press Enter.
- When you are in Device Manager, expand Audio inputs and outputs to find the audio device, right-click on it and choose Uninstall device. Follow the guide to complete the installation.
- Click Action on the upper menu and choose Scan for hardware changes to let Windows detect and reinstall the audio driver.
Or, using a professional Windows drive updater like IObit Driver Booster can save you many efforts. Such software can automatically detect outdated or corrupted drivers and reinstall drivers that pass WHQL testing.
How to update the driver using 3-rd party software? Operations are much easier:
- Run the driver updater.
- Go to the Scan tab and let the software do a thorough scan.
- Select the device driver to update or you can update all.
If you are looking for a reliable driver updater, feel free to get the any of the best driver update software listed in this article…windows-freeware.com
Solution 7: Reinstall Discord #
When nothing helps you get out of the Discord screen share with no audio issue, you can try to reinstall Discord. A lot of program issues are finally resolved by reinstallation.
Any other nice suggestions? Feel free to leave us comments below.Discord screen share no audio on Chrome? Try the listed solutions here! twitter.com